(D&M – Defense and Munitions)
GIE Media Inc., a b-to-b media company serving a wide range of, is seeking a Senior Editor for its new start-up media brand – Defense and Munitions – which covers the design and manufacturing across this industry. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, and 5-10 years of experience in digital and print content development as well as production. Knowledge of manufacturing would be beneficial. This position is centered around writing, content, and copy editing to produce content that supports the brand’s mission and high editorial standards. The ideal candidate thrives working in a collaborative, supportive team environment where the foundational culture is based on a willingness to pitch in, share ideas and work together to continue to grow the rapidly expanding Manufacturing Group.
The position includes, but is not limited to:
- Write cover stories, features and other articles for print and web
- Help steer editorial content of D&M
- Contribute story ideas to editorial plan/ongoing basis, companies to feature for D&M
- Assign columns and features, oversee freelance writers and columnists for print and web, work with them to get questions answered
- Line up/assign guest columns both for magazines and web content and copy editing
- Work with the entire staff to ensure all photos, captions, photo credits are in for print magazines
- Manage magazine departments
- Help manage sponsored content/projects
- Work with team webinars and speaker acquisition
- Some travel to trade shows
- Other responsibilities as needed
Benefits of working at GIE Media, Inc.:
- Empowered, team-oriented workplace with flexible schedule.
- Vacation, personal days, sick days, and company holidays.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k; as well as additional benefits.
- Student loan repayment program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Company outings and charitable events
GIE Media Inc. is based in Valley View, Ohio. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in the office a couple days per week.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Please submit a resume, three published clips and salary expectations to email@example.com